About the Event
Who should attend?
Creative Commons Licences enable the use of free content for the development of online teaching, resource development and home working. This module will explore what can be used, the benefits and opportunities as well as potential pitfalls. It will be of benefit to any organisation or individual who is seeking to use content with few restrictions.
Benefits of attending
- Understand Creative Commons Licences, what they mean and how they differ
- Consider the potential pitfalls and how to remain legally compliant
- Explore sources of content that can be used safely under Creative Commons Licences
- Ask the trainer questions around key related topics
- Be signposted to authoritative sources of information
- Interactive activities
- Comprehensive training materials
- Q&A session
Debbie McDonnell, Senior Consultant, Naomi Korn Associates
Debbie has worked in copyright for 18 years and is an experienced copyright trainer. Debbie currently works as Intellectual Property Manager at the British Council, the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, where she provides training, advice, tools and develops IP policies for the organisation.
Who are we?
Naomi Korn Associates is one of the most experienced and trusted providers of information law related training and consultancy services for cultural heritage organisations, archivists, librarians and information professionals in the UK. Recent publications include the Online Security and Privacy Guide produced for the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Naomi Korn Associates has developed and implements the tried and tested Compliance Methodology, which embeds copyright and data protection compliance into organisational culture and behaviour.