About the Event
The management of data is an ongoing necessity for all organisations. This half day course is designed for all museum staff who require a basic introduction to the data protection principles and cyber security processes. The course will support attendees to ensure that their organisation complies with current data protection legislation. This training is great for newcomers to data protection or for those who need a refresher.
- Identify the nuts and bolts of data protection compliance: what, how, why and where?
- Discuss the latest developments regarding data protection policy in the UK, such as the new Children’s Code, Accountability Framework and the impact of Brexit;
- Determine areas of risk when using remotely accessible services, software & hardware;
- Understand related areas of information management, cyber security, risk and governance;
- Review how to ensure more robust cyber-security;
- Know what to do if there is a data breach;
- Establish practical strategies to remain compliant with legal compliance obligations;
- Promote high levels of organisational data protection awareness.