About the Role
• To support day-to-day collections management, collections care and documentation of the Nationally Recognised Museum and Gallery collections.
• Support the preparation, documentation, movement, and installation of collections identified for display in the permanent galleries at the new museum under development in Perth City Centre, due to open in 2024
• To assist with the organisation, and delivery of community engagement display projects linked to the new Museum
• Contribute to a programme of collections accessioning and documentation (covering all collection types) in line with recognised collection management standards.
• Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of collection storage areas and the storage and packing of collections.
• Undertake the movement of items to and from store and display maintaining an accurate record of any location changes.
• Support the digital development of the collections including supporting the creation and storage of digital assets such as 3D models.
• Contribute to the housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance of collection items and storage areas.
• Assisting with Integrated Pest Management and the Environmental monitoring programme.
• Undertake basic checking of collection condition and the identification of any collection condition issues, risks or building defects.
• Contribute to the research, development, and delivery of exhibitions, displays, events and community engagement activities.
• To support visitors, contractors or researchers requiring collections access.
Please click the link below for more information on this post.