Six new Directors join MGS Board
Museums Galleries Scotland announces the appointment of six new board Directors.
The national development body, Museums Galleries Scotland, has announced the appointment of six new board Directors.
Coming from a range of professions they include museum professionals with strong sector experience and global business leaders.
The new board members are:
- Diana Easley, Director of Montador Consulting,
- Bill McDonald, Managing Director Accenture, Scotland;
- Dr Adele Patrick, Lifelong Learning and Creative Development Manager at Glasgow Women’s Library;
- Ruth Gill, Director of Public Programmes, National Museums Scotland
- John McLeish, Chair, The Scottish Tartans Authority
- Trish Caimbeul Botten, who has recently finished working as Principal Officer, Cultural and Information Services, for Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council)
Three of the new board members attended their first board meeting on 28 September and another three will take up their roles at the March 2017 meeting.
The new members join the current board of:
- Professor David Gaimster, Director of The Hunterian at the University of Glasgow;
- Sir John Leighton, Director-General of the National Galleries of Scotland;
- Vivienne Cockburn, Director of Corporate Services and Low Carbon – Scottish Futures Trust
- Bob Downie, Chief Executive, Royal Yacht Britannia
- Charles Sloan OBE, Chair of the Gordon Highlanders Museum and Chairman of the Association of Scottish Military Museums.
- Ian Wolford, Deputy Chief Executive of the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- Professor Donna Heddle, Professor of Northern Studies, University of the Highlands and Islands
Find out more about our Board