About the Event
This one-day training event has been developed in partnership by Luminate and Engage Scotland to provide an overview to being dementia aware and making your venue space, staff and programmes dementia inclusive.
The day will feature:
- key-note presentation from Dr Andrew Newman, Prof of Cultural Gerontology at Newcastle University
- dementia awareness training from Age Scotland
- panel session with colleagues from arts organisations already delivering dementia inclusive activities
We will cover the following:
- A rights-based approach to making the arts accessible for people with dementia
- The importance of undertaking basic dementia awareness training with all staff in an organisation/venue where possible
- Sharing good practice
- Practical approaches to making galleries more dementia friendly
Who is it for?
Educators, curators and front of house staff at arts and heritage organisations, artists and anyone interested in developing meaningful, purposeful and sustainable creative approaches to dementia inclusion in their organisation.