About the Event
This training will enable you to become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the child protection officer so you can develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
You will explore key themes around policy, referral procedures, support to staff, and best practice in safeguarding children and young people.
- Understanding of the responsibilities attached to your lead role
- Gaining confidence in revising policies and procedures and embedding them across your agency
- Understanding the importance of management oversight of staff working with children and young people
- Recognising the role of your setting in providing early help to vulnerable children in order to minimise and manage risk
- Managing concerns and the process for referring those children who may be in need of protection or intervention from other services