Digital Marketing Modern Apprenticeship - Second Intake
Museums Galleries Scotland can offer two host organisations the opportunity to host a Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice on this year-long programme due to current host museums unexpectedly having to withdraw from this year’s programme.
This national apprenticeship programme will provide your organisation the opportunity to progress an existing employee or a new employee through a Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice, SCQF level 6 subject to eligibility criteria. Host organisations will lead on the theme, focus and outcomes that they want to achieve which will give learners an opportunity to learn how to understand their market, engage with customers, develop a marketing strategy and build a distinct online presence with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram that will grow your customer base and develop your digital presence.
About the Modern Apprentice
We are looking for host organisations that are passionate about sustainability, passing on skills and developing a learning culture in their organisation and the wider sector. It is important for host organisations that they want to develop their digital marketing offer and can offer a real-life environment for their learner. 89% of employers would recommend Modern Apprenticeships to their industry.
Feedback from previous host organisations have said that having a learner brought a new dynamic to their organisation, brought new and fresh ideas, encouraged current staff to reflect on their own practice, increased organisational capacity and allowed the museums to take its work in new directions.
It is expected that delivery of the Modern Apprenticeship will take between 9 to 12 months.
Assessment time commitment for the learners will vary however it will not impact day to day operations. Assessors will visit the apprentice at a time convenient to them to provide support and guidance for the duration of the Modern Apprenticeship.
During this time assessors will observe the learners performing their daily tasks and provide advice and guidance based on national occupational standard to help increase the learner’s productivity and efficiency. Out with assessor visits the learner will be required to complete a portfolio of work that will include various forms of information that can demonstrate their competency in a subject. As the qualification is vocational there will be minimal time requirement from additional staff to support the learner.
- Employers must have valid employer’s liability insurance in place
- Learners must be employed with the ability to have their marketing activities vocationally assessed
- The learner must be contracted to work at least 16 hours per week at living wage level or above
- Learners must have a desire to develop their skills and be able to demonstrate willingness to learn
- Learners must be between 16 and 24 years old although learners up to the age of 29 years old will be eligible if they are care experienced or have multiple health barriers restricting their opportunities for employment
- One learner post per host organisation
- The host museum must be an accredited museum or in a partnership at least one of the museums must be accredited.
For any host organisation that would be interested in an application form for this opportunity or an informal conversation about what is involved please contact our Senior Skills Development Manager, John Campbell, on 0131 550 4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org