Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS) is looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active team player to join our Resources team and provide support across a range of MGS activities.
Managing a varied workload, the role of Office Coordinator is a great opportunity to be involved in a number of projects and programmes as well as the core activities which support our organisation.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Higher grade level or equivalent or equivalent experience
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Significant administrative experience
• Demonstrable experience of using initiative and finding solutions
• Managing data and documents
• Influencing and implementing efficiencies and procedures
• Strong communication skills with a customer focused approach
• Organising events, hospitality and travel
• Managing a varied workload
• Attention to detail
• Microsoft Office and working with a variety of systems
• Finance admin experience
HOW YOU WORK
MGS has a behavioural competency framework which describes how we expect people to go about their work day-to-day. Staff must demonstrate the following skills areas at an appropriate level:
• Works collaboratively
• Communicating with impact
• Respect, inclusion and integrity
• Effective decision-making
• Sector focus
• Drive for results
• Innovation, agility and building capability
In particular this role requires someone who conveys energy and enthusiasm about their work, can make effective decisions following appropriate criteria, organises and plans work effectively, readily contributes ideas and willingly adapts working practices to support changes.
MGS supports more than 400 museums and galleries, through strategic investment, advice, advocacy, and skills development. Collaboration, integrity, courageousness and a passion for museums shape our approach.
Closing date: Thursday 28th March at 9 a.m.
Interviews are due to be held on Wednesday 10th April.
1. Download and complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
2. Submit your application form through our online portal at: https://museumsgalleriesscotland.breathehr.com/v/rCEZgEJ24fSMRpPL3MFZWg
Full job information and the application form are available to download at the bottom of this page.
MGS welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an equal opportunities employer. We hold Living Wage and Investors in People accreditation.
Office Coordinator job information
Job information Office Coordinator
Office Coordinator APPLICATION FORM
Office Coordinator application form